9/28/2009

Solution For Slow Internet Access



When this problem occurs, i always check the power-cycle of my modem and router. In other words, disconnecting the power cords from both, wait about 10 seconds, and then plug them back in. In a minute or two, my network will be up and running again, and my Internet access might be its good old speedy self.

For example, you might have a spyware problem. Windows' Internet settings might be FUBAR (or at least less than optimal). If you're connecting via a wireless router, there could be range issues (see How to Troubleshoot Your Home Network for help with that one).

In most cases, however, it's probably just a router and/or modem in need of rebooting. For the record, my neighbor told me the power-cycling trick worked like a charm. Hmm, maybe I should send him a bill? Nah, I'll just give him a link to Hassle-Free PC. Feel free to do likewise for friends and relatives who need answers to common PC problems!

0 comments:

Post a Comment